Primary Election Deadlines:
April 21, 2016 - Satellite Voting Petition Deadline - 5:00 p.m.
May 27, 2016 - Voter Registration Deadline - 5:00 p.m.
June 3, 2016 - Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot by Mail - 5:00 p.m.
June 6, 2016 - Deadline to Vote Absentee in Auditor's Office - 5:00 p.m.
June 6, 2016 - Postmark Deadline for Absentee Ballots
June 7, 2016 - Election Day - Polls Open 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
June 7, 2016 - Deadline for Absentee Ballots to be received in the Auditor's Office in person - 9:00 p.m.
June 13, 2016 - Deadline for Absentee Ballots to be recieved in the Auditor's Office by mail (must be postmarked by June 6) - Noon
Online Electronic Voter Registration
This online system assures the integrity of the voter registration process:
- Applicants must hold a valid Iowa driver's license or DOT-issued ID.
- Applicants consent to using their signatures that are on file with the DOT
- DOT system verifies citizenship and age of the applicant
- Eligible applicants enter first and last name, date of birth, the last five digits of social security number, driver's license or ID card number, and the document identifier from the DL card
- Citizens without a valid Iowa driver's license or ID and are eligible to vote can use one of five other methods to register, including Election Day Registration.
After registering online, registrants will receive a voter registration card in the mail within 7 working days.
To register to vote online, click here
PDF Map of Denison Wards
Crawford County Auditor's Office
The County Auditor's office is responsible for conducting elections and voter registration administration, acting as secretary to the Board of Supervisors, preparing Board agendas and minutes, maintaining all official records and actions of the Board, publishing the required legal notices, keeping track of real estate ownership and property tax records, computing real estate taxes, processing beer, liquor and cigarette permits and also performing accounting services such as accounts payable and payroll. The Auditor's office is responsible for budgets and financial reports on behalf of the Supervisors. The Auditor's office also assist the state auditors during our county audit by preparing annual workpapers, schedules and journal entries.
The Auditor acts as Commissioner of Elections and administers all elections, federal, state and local, conducted in Crawford County. The Commissioner is responsible for voter registration, accepting nomination papers, ballot printing, public testing of voting machines, precinct election official training, organizing polling places and absentee ballot processing.